This is just an update for you on upcoming events, team practice cancellations/schedule changes, and any other important info. Please note, we are going to try to move away from paper correspondence so we will be putting a blog on the website that will be for team related information, important dates, etc. We want all this information in one central location where parents can check it from home, mobile devices, anywhere and everywhere. We’ll keep you posted on that.
Next week, we do have a few changes in the practice schedule.
There will be no morning practice / dance on the morning of Tuesday, July 31. No TOPs on Tuesday, July 31 (TOPs kids can do their regular practice schedule).
And no morning practice / dance on the morning of Wednesday, August 1.
Thursday, August 2 we will spend some of the evening time practicing and some of the time getting ready for the rummage sale. We would love some parents to help with organizing, pricing, etc.
Friday, August 3 will be the morning of the rummage sale. The gymnasts will do an Open Gym-style workout and rehearse routines for the Summer Spectacular.
Saturday, August 4 is the Summer Spectacular at 6 p.m. We will have Level 3s practice from 9 -11 a.m. rather than til noon.
These are the upcoming events:
These are key dates to remember:
Friday, July 27 — Wisconsin State TOPs Test, Waukesha — Good luck to Eden, Elie, Emma and Hallie
Tuesday, July 31 — NO AM PRACTICE, NO PM TOPs
Wednesday, Aug. 1 — NO AM PRACTICE, MEET FEES DUE!!!!! AAU Junior Olympics, Houston — Good luck to Emily and Ashley!
Friday, Aug. 3 — Rummage Sale
Saturday, Aug. 4 — Rummage Sale & Summer Spectacular (Information follows)
Monday, Aug. 6 — NO PM PRACTICE. State Fair Parade, 3 p.m. (meet at Wetley Way and 1st Street near the swine barns & Piggly Wiggly Slide. Remember to wear shoes and gloves.
Tuesday, Aug. 7 — NO PM PRACTICE. Tosa’s Night Out (shows at 5 & 6:30 p.m. No evening practice for Jr Gold Bugs, Fast Track or Team. Jrs can make up on Saturdays from 9-10:30 a.m.)
Friday, Aug. 10 — NO PM OPEN GYM. State Fair Parade, 3 p.m. (meet at Wetley Way and 1st Street near the swine barns & Piggly Wiggly Slide. Remember to wear shoes and gloves.
Saturday, Aug. 25 — WILDCARD PRESEASON MEET (Levels 3, 4, 5, 6) at 2 p.m. Details will follow
Here are details about the Summer Spectacular:
Wildcard Gymnastics Summer Spectacular!
Saturday, August 4th
This is a HUGE fundraiser and recruitment tool for Wildcard Gymnastics. Here’s what you can do to help.
· Tell your friends and family. Invite them to the events & show off our facility. The Summer Spectacular is a fundraiser for the gym. There is a rummage sale (Friday & Saturday), a raffle and our BIG summer show (Saturday Evening)! We expect that all Team gymnasts would participate as the event is to help off-set tuition, meet costs & purchase new equipment. Please do your part to help! If you are unable to be at the show, please know that you are still responsible for bringing your items.
· Donate items for the rummage sale. We will take all your old junk! Big ticket items appreciated! All proceeds go to help Wildcard purchase new equipment. Bring items to the back preschool area. Items will be sorted and priced for sale on Thursday evening Aug. 2nd. Volunteers are needed Thursday, Friday and Saturday. See sign up sheets on the wall by the front desk.
· Donate items for raffle. Each team group is responsible for donating specific items for the raffle. You can either create your own basket or bring 3-4 items to put in the basket. Approximate value should be $10. If you have other items to donate to the raffle, feel free. Raffle items should be turned in by JULY 26th so that we can have the raffle baskets displayed prior to the show. Raffle tickets will be $1 or 6 for $5. Encourage friends and family to purchase them! Winners will be chosen at the Summer Spectacular Show. Need not be present to win.
Please donate items for the following:
Junior Gold Bugs – Beach & Kids play basket items
Gold Bugs – Movie Fun basket
Level 3 Girls – “Girls” Basket
Boys – Sports Basket
Level 4 Girls – Relaxation and Spa Basket
Level 5 Girls – Date Night Basket
Level 6-10 – Kids Basket
· Feel free to donate a basket to put items in!
ALL TEAM MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BRINGING THEIR ITEMS! If your items are not turned in, your account will be charged $25 to cover costs.
· Bring in your gently used leotards. The collection basket for the used leotard sale is in the front lobby near the pro-shop. Your donations will be used as a fundraiser. Leotards will be priced at $5-$15.
· Come to the rummage sale the Summer Spectacular Show! Show your support for your favorite team. See the optional gymnasts perform their new routines for the first time! Spread the word! All teams (Jr Gold Bugs through Level 10) will be performing! Friends, Family, Grandparents, – all are welcome. Admission will be $2 for Adults and $1 for kids. There will be concessions.
· Volunteer. Again, this is a huge fundraiser for Wildcard Gymnastics. Your help sorting and pricing rummage items, creating raffle baskets, working the rummage sale, and selling concessions at the Summer Spectacular show are needed to make this a success. The profits from fundraisers like this go towards: keeping coaching and meet fees low, buying new equipment, and USA Gymnastics training for our Wildcard staff. All of these help make your child’s gymnastics experience at Wildcard Gymnastics a positive and rewarding one.
· Donate Concession items. Each team is again responsible for bringing items. Due August 1st.
Fast Track – Last Names A-L A large pack of Plates & Napkins
Last Names M-Z Plastics Silverware & Cups
Level 3 Girls – Last Names A-G 2 Cases Diet Coke
Last Names H-N 2 Cases Coke
Last Names O-S 2 Cases Sprite
Last Names T-Z 2 Cases of Water or Flavored Water
Level 4 Girls – Desserts or Bakery Items
(Please put Puppy Chow, Cookies, Brownies, etc in Bags)
Level 5 Girls – Last Names A-N 3 packages of HotDogs
Last Names O-Z 3 packages of Hot dog Buns
Level 6-10 Girls – Last Names A-G 3lbs Seasoned & Cooked Taco Meat
Last Names H-M 1 BOX of packaged FRITOS
Last Names N-R Black Olives & Sour Cream
Last Names S-Z 1 LARGE bottle of Salsa and/or Ketchup & Mustard
Boys Teams – 3 7lb bags of Ice
Last Names A-G Bring on Friday Morning (or Thurs Night)
Last Names H-M Bring on Saturday Morning
Last Names N-Z Bring Saturday Evening (for the show)